You are viewing an absolutely stunning creation hand crafted from crystal cut glass, silver plate, ormolu, bronze and mirrored glass. It’s hard to know what to call this? A centrepiece? Epergene? Sometimes you come across something so unique and beautiful it’s hard to put into words and you only hope the pictures will go some way in conveying the magnitude of this work of art. This is hallmarked and stamped in various places – please see close up photo. It is a Sheffield silver plate piece in the manner of Matthew Boulton.
The main central column has a main dish a top and three smaller dishes coming of the column. This stands on the silver plate and mirror base. To the side of the main piece are the two smaller dishes, also made from the finest crystal cut glass.
Adorned at various points around the bases of the three dishes and at other points are the gorgeous chubby cherubs in gold plate. Some of the cherubs are reclining in a more smoothly pose whilst others are waving their hands in a salutation.
The levels of craftsmanship and hours that goes into making something like this are outstanding. Not forgetting all the different type of materials and disciplines involved with this. The glass is hand cut and etched. Details like the ornate silver work with leaves and other designs and then of course the troupe of cute cherubs or putti. It’s an amazing piece either decoratively or practically perhaps for serving dips or showcasing dried flowers. It all comes apart so is easy to ship and move around. We have never seen anything similar so hence it is highly collectable.
– Hard to describe this stunning work of art and craftmanship, hope the photos do it some justice!
– You are viewing a gorgeous English Sheffield silverplate centrepiece
– Comprised of two smaller dishes, the large central column all situated on the three part mirrored tray
– The glass is crystal cut glass – intricately etched
– The designs are incredibly intricate, check out details like the sea serpent supports and the large central column
– Stands on the three part mirrored tray with intricately banded edges
– Please see close up photos of the hallmarks and numbers
– Offered in great condition, will ship to anywhere in the world
– Please let us know if you would like to view this piece in our Canonbury Antiques Herts showroom, just 25 minutes north of London
– Offered in great shape ready for home use right away
– We ship to every corner of the planet – please get in touch for a shipping quote