– Unique extending English oaky farmhouse refectory table
– Table is 7 feet when unextended and grows to ten feet when fully extended
– Extends by pulling out the leaves at either end which are stored under table
– Table is incredibly chunky and solid – wobble free
– Offered in great shape, ready for home use right away
– Hand crafted here in England to centuries old traditions
– We have various sets of chairs available to match if you are looking for a complete set, please contact
– Will ship to anywhere in the world
You are viewing a gorgeous oak refectory table hand crafted from the finest oak. You don’t get tables more sturdy than this which makes them the perfect kitchen table, although they are also suitable as dining tables. I hope the photos do this amazing piece some justice, they don’t come much more solid and chunky than this, check out the think legs
They have something of the castle look about them and this is where they get their name – refectory – which refers to the type of tables used in convents, monasterys or colleges. You can just imagine a group of monks sitting around it drinking trappist ale!
The table can sit six more than easily, 8 comfortably and ten at a slight squeeze. It is a chunky piece and has lovely bulbous legs. The wood has a lovely shiny brown patina to it and this has just had a repolish at the restorers so it’s ready for home use immediately.
Some of the close up pictures hopefully illustrate the hand carving work to this splendid table, particularly the mini alcove patterns to the side of the carved top rail.
We have various chairs and benches available to match the table so let us know if you are looking for a set. It is particularly superb with a set of ladder or spindle back chairs around it – indeed I have a similar set up in my home and nothing beats it in the kitchen. The table is very solid and sturdy.